Plastics (polymers) can be divided into three classes according to the structure-property principle: thermoplastics (which can be reshaped at higher temperatures), duroplastics (hard, crystalline plastics) and elastomers (soft, elastic plastics).

Synthetic plastics are produced from monomers by polymerization (polyaddition, polycondensation, etc.). Cracked naphtha is almost always used as the raw material.

There are these types of plastic:



  • polyurethane foam (PU)
  • epoxy resins
  • silicone resins



plastic recycling:
In Germany, the recycling rate was 55% in 2019, making Germany a pioneer in European comparison. The remaining 45% is thermally recycled (waste incineration).

Plastics recycling symbols:

Alle Recyclingsymbole

Examples from our product range:

Polymer Synthese Werk 

D-47495 Rheinberg

You can also find us here:

Logos Jubi_Eco_PRS


We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.